Sunday, February 14, 2010

Finally . . .

So this is it. A place for me to blog about my adventures in cooking. For the past few years I have wanted to start a blog, but as with most things involving technology, I am always the last person to jump on board. And besides, what would I blog about? What do I have to offer the world that could not be found through a simple google search? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have discovered that in fact, google does not have the answer to all things in life... blasphemous I know. Through this blog, I hope to educate, inspire, and encourage all the novice cooks out there. And as a novice myself, I hope to get some answers, too. See, I love food. I'm one of those people that could spend hours in a specialty food store reading labels and discovering new produce. It's true that not a year goes by that I don't put some unusual spice or ingredient on my Christmas list. Oh, and cookbooks - I read them from front to back. And then again. As you can imagine, I could not be happier to have been placed on the Cookbook Committee with the Junior League of Little Rock. And my job? To prepare dishes for events promoting the League's newest cookbook, Big Taste of Little Rock. I couldn't have picked a better placement! With the recent announcement that Big Taste of Little Rock had won an international award, Best Fundraising Cookbook in the World By Gourmand, I knew that this was the perfect time to start my blog. I have never cooked more out of any of my 50+ cookbooks as I have Big Taste of Little Rock - and I have to say with complete honesty, that I am impressed. I mean, really impressed. And my husband-to-be, he is impressed, too. I joke that my placement on cookbook committee is what won him over. I may be an average girl, but with the recipes in Big Taste of Little Rock, I appear to be a great cook. With that said, most of the recipes that I review on this blog will be out of Big Taste, however, this blog will not be limited to recipe reviews. It will also give occasional restaurant reviews and updates on my life in the City. Little Rock that is. Because I'm big on taste. And I'm big on Little Rock. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I like you have just started to discover that I really enjoy cooking. Good luck with your new endeavor of blogging. I enjoy blogging, when I have time, and I love to read other people's blog. Can't wait to hear about your recipes and restaurants. I may just have to pick up one of those cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete